Position Title: Web Developer / Web Master
Position Number: 40015
Division: Institutional Advancement
Recruitment Pool: Open to the General Public
Position Type: Full-time Salaried/Staff
Posting Date: August 14, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Web Developer/Web Master reports to the Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing and is responsible for the design, configuration, updates, control/access monitoring of the University website. Duties are as follows:
• Manage all functions necessary to operate the University website;
• Edit, post, and maintain web content daily;
• Maintain data flow and access to the back-end data and supported resources;
• Develop data entry forms as needed;
• Demonstrate proficiency in the effective use of new media and social networking tools
• Work with faculty and staff across all University divisions to access their needs and
• Collaborate with Information Technology staff to analyze and resolve technical issues
as they occur;
• Stay abreast of current trends in web development and use them to continually
improve editorial and technical components of the University website;
• Collaborate with communications and marketing staffers to formulate strategies to
promote the University on the world wide web and across compatible communication
• Perform any other duties within the scope of this position.
Special Note: Effective January 1, 2011, all new hires must pass a criminal background check.
Application Procedure: Candidates must submit an application, unofficial transcript and three current letters of recommendation to:
Claflin University – Office of Human Resources
400 Magnolia Street, Orangeburg, SC 29115
Fax # 803-535-5818 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office. Office Number: 803-535-5635 Job Line Number: 803-535-5394 TDD Number: 1-800-735-8583 (TDD).
Equal Opportunity Employer