Registration FAQs

  • 1. How do I register for class and change my schedule?
    You must log in to your MyClaflin account. You’ll need your ID and PIN# as well as the course registration numbers for all courses you wish to register for.
  • 2. Where can I find Claflin class offering information?
    The class schedule is available externally here in the Office of Records and Registration or by logging in to MyClaflin. Online listings are updated daily and include open and closed sections, new courses and additional sections of previously listed courses.
  • 3. How do I change my address in the Claflin directory?
    Addresses can be changed in MyClaflin or the Office of the University Registrar
  • 4. Where can I get a ‘full-time” letter for insurance or loan purposes?
    You may obtain a verification letter by going to the Office Registrar with your student ID.
  • 5. Where can I get information about important semester deadlines and dates?
    Information on deadlines and dates for all sessions are available online here and on other Claflin websites. The Office of the University Registrar is available to answer questions or direct you to other resources. Visit the Claflin homepage for other Claflin information.
  • 6. Having trouble enrolling in a course?
    Check the restrictions and prerequisites for the course. If you haven’t met or don’t qualify for the course, it won’t let you register. Have you checked to see if you have any holds? Certain holds will stop you from registering. If you have no holds and are not restricted from the course, please contact your advisor.
  • 7. I took transfer work over the summer, now what?

    Please have your transcript sent to:

    Office of the University Registrar
    400 Magnolia Street
    Orangeburg, SC 29115

  • 8. How many hours do I need to take to be considered a full time student?
    For undergraduate, full time status requires you take 12 hours and 9 hours for graduate. If you have a scholarship or financial aid, please check to ensure you take enough hours throughout the school year.
  • 9. I need to withdraw from all my classes, how do I do this?
    If a student wishes to withdraw from classes, a withdrawal form can be obtained from the Office of Records and Registration. Once the form is completed with all required signatures, the form is return to the Office of Records and Registration for the Registrar to sign and finalize.
  • 10. How do I order a transcript? Transcripts can be ordered one of two ways: by a signed request in writing or online.

    Currently enrolled students can log in to their MyClaflin account and click the student tab. From there click transcript and print your unofficial copy. To receive an official transcript, current and former students can use the National Student Clearinghouse system on the Claflin webpage by clicking “transcript request”.  To request a transcript you must login or register by creating a new account. If you have already registered, please enter your Email and Password  and click Sign In.

    If this is your first time using the online order system, please click Create Account and enter the required information. Once your account is created you will be able to request transcripts online and track the status of your orders.

Section Navigation
Support the next generation of Claflin Leaders
Your support provides educational enrichment through student scholarships, loan funds, instructional classroom equipment, preparing Claflin's students to be leaders of the future.