Position Title: Dean of the School of Business/Professor
Position Number: FA038
Division: Academic Affairs
Recruitment Pool: Open to General Public
Position Type: Full-time/Administrative
Posting Date: March 22, 2018
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Working Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
As a member of the academic leadership team, the Dean of the School of Business reports directly to the Provost and Chief Academic Officer. The Dean will lead and manage 14 faculty members. The School of Business, with approximately 400-500 students, has the second highest number of majors at the University.
The Dean will be a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader of vision who plays a pivotal role in long-range academic and strategic planning, maintaining program accreditation, curricular planning, fundraising, developing corporate partnerships, fostering productive external relationships, and growing the School’s educational offerings. The School of Business is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) to offer the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, and Bachelor of Science degrees in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, and Organizational Management.
Other specific responsibilities for the Dean include, but are not necessarily limited to:
• Exercise academic leadership in teaching, research, and other activities of the department with a leadership style characterized by innovation, transparency and professional integrity that inspires cooperation, innovation, creativity, and respect among faculty, students, administrators, and staff.
• Fundraising and developing external partnerships that support the budgetary/fiscal health of the School; develop a departmental budget to be approved by the Provost; subsequently administer the budget.
• Recruit, manage, mentor, develop, and retain faculty and other personnel. Encourage and monitor the professional development of faculty members.
• Evaluate the performance of departmental faculty and make recommendations regarding promotion, tenure, sabbatical leave, dismissal, or non-reappointment.
• Assist in recruiting students, and with activities directed toward student retention.
• Implement high quality educational policies.
• Champion issues related to globalism and cultural inclusion.
• Administer university policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Provost.
• Possess an earned doctorate in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or one of the disciplines in the School of Business coupled with a sustained record of accomplishments. Candidates with outstanding corporate experiences and achievements will also be considered.
• Demonstrated experiences in significant fundraising and developing major corporate partnerships.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Global vision and an entrepreneurial mind-set.
• Ability, and willingness, to aggressively promote the School of Business to senior corporate executives and major regional and national corporations.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately.
Application Procedure: Candidates must submit an application, available at http://www.claflin.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/employment, copies of an official transcript, resume and three current letters of recommendation to:
Claflin University – Human Resources Office
400 Magnolia Street, Orangeburg, SC 29115
Fax # 803-535-5818
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodations in the application process should contact the Human Resources Office.
Office Number: 803-535-5635
Equal Opportunity Employer