Dr. Sylvester Ekpenuma
Dr. Ekpenuma brings the excitement of science discovery especially in physics, to his teaching and seeks to bring research awareness to his students.
Students have benefited from Dr. Ekpenuma's insight and the inter-relationships of the various fields of scientific endeavors and he is committed to multidisciplinary studies and collaborations
- Ph.D., Physics, Texas Tech University
- M.S., Physics, University of Minnesota
- B.S., Applied Physics, University of Benin
Dr. Ekpenuma's area of research is Theoretical and Computational Materials Physics (semiconductors and alloys). Current research efforts include the studies of the electronic structure and properties of semiconductor/metal interface structures. As an educator, he is also involved in Physics Education Research, and in Curriculum Development.
Activities and Honors
- Member, American Physical Society (APS)
- Member, American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT)