Your student’s college experience is an exciting time for the whole family, and your role in your student’s life will be integral in the coming years. Research shows that family involvement is critical to student success. We hope that you know parents and families are valued as partners in education here at Claflin. Students benefit when their family supports and participates in their university experience, while also encouraging the student to take responsibility for that experience.
Mission and Purpose
The purpose of the association is to support and promote the interests of parents, students, and alumni of Claflin University.
The mission of the association is to:
Parents Association Bylaws
- Promote student success and academic excellence;
- Engage parents in the university’s mission and goals;
- Support recruitment effort;
- Involvement in fundraising efforts for student scholarship benefits, Parents’ Association,
and Claflin University Capital Campaign;
- Assist parents to play a supportive role in student education; and
- Connect with university administrators, faculty, staff, students, and parents.
Parents Association Registration Form
Digital Registration Form
Panther Parents' Association
Positions and Vacancies
Holding office is a vital factor in the success of the association. Position will be held for one academic year and members will vote for those running in the next year’s election.
- Vice President
- 2nd Vice President
- Recording Secretary
- Events Coordinator
- Fundraising Coordinator
Those interested in holding office should contact Mr. Jabian M. Cooper, Program Coordinator for Service Learning and Community Service, at firstname.lastname@example.org