Your student’s college experience is an exciting time for the whole family, and your role in your student’s life will be integral in the coming years. Research shows that family involvement is critical to student success. We hope that you know parents and families are valued as partners in education here at Claflin. Students benefit when their family supports and participates in their university experience, while also encouraging the student to take responsibility for that experience.
As a parent of a Claflin University student or graduate, you are automatically a member of the Panther Parents’ Association. There are no dues required for membership.
The Association creates a two-way channel of communication and support between the University and our parents, and provides valuable opportunities to network with other Claflin parents. Parents also receive also receive receive regular news updates from the University and invitations to our Fall Homecoming and other special events. To see what’s new or upcoming events click here: @CLAFLIN WEEKLY ENEWS
Mission and Purpose
The purpose of the association is to support and promote the interests of parents, students, and alumni of Claflin University.
The mission of the association is to:
Parents Association Bylaws
- Promote student success and academic excellence;
- Engage parents in the university’s mission and goals;
- Support recruitment effort;
- Involvement in fundraising efforts for student scholarship benefits, Parents’ Association, and Claflin University Capital Campaign;
- Assist parents to play a supportive role in student education; and
- Connect with university administrators, faculty, staff, students, and parents.
To peruse leadership and career opportunities for your child, join our Graduay App