Explore graduate school options with the Career Development Office and determine which program is right for you. The Career Development Office has developed relationships with top graduate schools across the country. The office hosts annual graduate and professional school fairs, mock-interviews and graduate school test prep workshops.
Graduate & Professional Schools Visitations & Materials
While researching schools, note that application procedures and deadlines vary from institution to institution. We suggest beginning this process a year and a half in advance of when you wish to enroll to ensure adequate time is given to complete the application process.
Graduate School Admissions Process
The entire process of considering and applying to graduate school can be done in the following steps:
- Research institutions and programs of interest
- Obtain application forms and information. Be aware of the deadlines for these items.
- Obtain information about financial aid resources available
- Visit institutions of interest and compare them to evaluate your options
- Meet all application requirements, inclding Graduate Admissions Tests
- Interview, if necessary
- Wait for admission decisions, regularly checking on the status of your application
- Choose the best school for you. Be ready for multiple offers and prepare to decide on what is the best offer for you. Prepare yourself for the possibility that you might not receive any offers and develop a plan of action if no offers are extended.
- Complete acceptance materials and any financial aid materials and mail them
Graduate and Professional Schools Fair
The Graduate and Professional School Fair occurs every fall semester. During the event, recruiters provide students with information about various admission requirements, research opportunities, funding options—fellowships, scholarships, and graduate assistantships. As you develop your career plan, consider graduate and/or professional schools.
Graduate School Tours
Graduate school tours provide students with the opportunity to visit graduate schools during fall and spring semesters and meet with faculty members in their field of interest, network with current graduate students and learn about funding resources and career placement. All students enjoy the benefits of round-trip travel and housing during the tour. Contact the Office of Career Development to learn about tour schedules and the application process.
Financial Aid for Graduate School
Financial aid does exist for graduate study, but seeking it out demands persistent research and follow-up on your part. The best sources of information are often universities to which you are applying.
Graduate School Testing Information