Your health and well-being is our priority.
Student Health Services works to foster health and wellness in the campus community. Our mission is to provide high-quality, cost-effective health care to our students means you'll have access to health care from a board-certified medical team that provides evidence-based care. We seek to empower students to take control of their health through providing education about preventative health.
Click here to download the Claflin University Health History Form.
Click here to download the COVID-19 Screening Form.
- Analyzing, diagnosing and managing common, acute and chronic illnesses
- Obtaining and monitoring vital signs
- Administering allergy injections
- Wound care
- Administering medications
- HIV Testing provided by Hope Health on the 4th Thursday of each month
- The Regional Medical Center, which is located near the campus, has facilities to treat illnesses of a more serious nature
- TimelyCare: Free 24 hours/7 days a week of Telehealth (Medical and Mental Health) for Claflin University. Enroll by using the website: timelycare.com/claflin.
Timely Care TeleHealth Services is mandatory for all students to enroll. The service is free.
Reminder: Masks are mandatory and COVID-19 vaccination are required on this campus.
All enrolled Claflin students are covered by secondary health and accident insurance. The institution provides accident and sickness coverage for all full-time undergraduate students registered for the academic year. Students are covered from the first to the last date a student is required to be on campus.
The student’s primary health insurance will be billed first by an outside healthcare provider in the event of an emergency, accident, or sickness. Students are strongly recommended to have health insurance coverage. The Health Center will not be responsible for any claims or otherwise for treatment rendered by outside physicians not employed on the medical staff at Claflin University.
Claflin Telehealth will provide 24 hours/7 days a week for medical and mental health care through video and phone visits for our students. The student will receive virtual consulting to assess symptoms and administer frontline care without coming into the clinic. It will eliminate wait times for students to be evaluated by a medical provider. Please register your profile information now.
Contact Claflin Telehealth Customer Support at
1-833-484-6359 or claflintelehealth.com
Tuesday 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Scheduled appointments only.
- patients need to call 803-535-5328 to schedule an appointment.
Or can email request to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Patients will receive a COVID-19 pre-screening regardless of the nature of the visit.
- No more than 6 students are allowed in the waiting room for social distancing.
Helaine Y. Hayes, RN
Senior Staff Nurse
Medical Office Assistant
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Contact Information
Life-Threatening Emergency: Dial 911
Campus Police: 803-535-5444
The Regional Medical Center-Emergency Room: (803) 395-2204
FAQs about Health Services