Whether you are just starting out or serious about your workout, the HWC staff and facilities are here to support your efforts. HWC promotes fitness through motivational one-on-one and group programs.
HWC provides knowledgeable staff to help you get started. We provide complimentary fitness orientations and assessments. Our staff is available to show you how our machines work, explain exercises, and provide you with options. Stop by the Front Desk for your fitness orientation and/or assessment.
Fitness orientations introduce you to the various cardio and resistance training options. We'll be happy to show you how to use equipment, talk with you about fitness options, explain our programs and answer your questions.
A fitness assessment is an individualized appraisal of your current fitness status through a variety of physical tests and questionnaires. The assessment establishes a baseline. It is used to develop goals and establish an effective exercise program. The Fitness Assessment begins with a questionnaire and health history. We take you through a series of tests to measure your body composition, cardiovascular conditioning, muscular strength and endurance and your flexibility. Based on your questionnaire and test results, your fitness assessment will be used to tailor activities to meet your fitness needs.
Fitness Area Guidelines
To help ensure your safe use and enjoyment of our facility and programs, we provide the following list of guidelines for everyone to follow. Please review and familiarize yourself with them. Please contact our staff if you have any questions.
- Water bottles with lids are encouraged at HWC. Food, gum and other drinks are prohibited.
- Members must use the equipment only in the manner intended by the manufacturer and authorized by HWC. Please follow all instructions and posted signs carefully.
- Please ask the HWC staff for assistance when using equipment with which you are not familiar.
- Members shall not move or modify the equipment in any manner whatsoever. No free weight or loose equipment shall be used in connection with any mechanical equipment or in any manner for which the equipment was not originally intended.
- Please wipe down your equipment after use.
- Please report damaged equipment, equipment malfunctions or injuries to the HWC staff immediately.
- The maximum time limit on all machines is 30 minutes when other members are waiting.
- The emergency-off clip is recommended when using treadmills.
Weight Room Guidelines
- Allow others to work in when performing multiple sets.
- Members should seek assistance for all spotting needs.
- Collars/clips are to be used at ALL times to secure weights on bars.
- Weight plates are to be re-racked. They are not to be leaned against machines, walls or left on equipment, floors or bars.
- After using equipment, return all plates, dumbbells and other equipment to the proper storage area.
- Safety bars must be used when available. Set the safety bar about one inch lower than your lowest movement with the bar.
- Dumbbells and weight plates should NOT be dropped on the floor for any reason.
- Please maintain slow and controlled movements of weights at all times.
- Each participant is allowed to have no more than two sets of dumbbells off the rack at a time.
- Chalk is not allowed in the facility.
- Please keep language and behavior respectful and avoid the use of profanity.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Head phones are required. No open music.
Group X Guidelines
To help ensure your safe use and enjoyment of our facility and programs, we provide the following list of guidelines for everyone to follow. Please contact our staff if you have any questions.
- Please allow the previous class to exit before entering the classroom.
- Please be on time. Due to the importance of a sufficient warm-up, late participants may be denied entry to class at the instructor's discretion.
- Participants are encouraged to stay for the entire group exercise class to ensure the proper cool-down.
- All classes are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Fresh workout clothes are strongly recommended. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Athletic shoes must be worn at all times unless recommended otherwise by instructors for classes such as yoga. Heels, boots and street shoes are not permitted in the group fitness rooms.
- Please refrain from wearing perfumes or strong-smelling deodorants; instead follow a good hygiene regimen to prevent embarrassing situations.
- Water bottles with lids are encouraged in the Group X suites. Food, gum and other drinks are prohibited.
- Please leave your cell phone in your locker or turn off the ringer during class.
- Your gym bags/personal belongings should be placed in a locker or cubbies.
- HWC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All group fitness equipment must stay in the group fitness rooms. Please make every effort to keep the equipment room neat and organized for the next class.
- Group X schedules are subject to change. Please check on the window by the Front Desk for any updates to class times.
- Classes will be taught only to groups of three or more.
- All equipment must be wiped upon completion of class.