All students, faculty and staff have the opportunity to enjoy any sport that is offered through the Intramural Sports program. These sports not only offer competition, but also provide a great outlet to meet new people and become involved with the CU community.
CU community may register for league play through IMLeagues. Members should use their email to log in for access
A sport club is defined as a registered student organization which exists to promote and develop interest in a particular sport or physical activity. These interests can be competitive, recreational, or instructional in nature. Clubs may represent the university in intercollegiate competition or conduct intra-club activities such as practice, instruction, social and tournament play. Sport clubs are student initiated and student managed. Involvement in a sport club enhances the students' college experience and contributes to the students' overall education.
SPIRIT of PLAY
In sports, winning and losing are mere outcomes. What is part of the game is the pure satisfaction of participation, getting fit and enhancing friendships. Without your opponent, there is no game, no contest, no memories, and no fun. You are indebted to them as they are to you. The spirit of play is then based on cooperation. Upholding high standards of integrity and fair play acknowledges this idea of cooperative competition. All players are encouraged to use their best judgment in caring for the safety of others as well as themselves. The ultimate goal of the players means more than win or lose. All players are asked to participate within the context of this SPIRIT of PLAY.
Frequently Asked Questions
To register for intramural sports, you must create an account through IMLeagues.com. IMLeagues offers a live support button in the top right corner of all pages. Use this button if you encounter any difficulties.
- Log in to your IMLeagues account.
- Choose Claflin University, create a new account OR enter your email and click next.
- Click the Create/Join Team button at the top right of your user homepage.
- The current sports will be displayed. Click on Open League.
Click the "create team" button and follow instructions.
General IMLEAGUES information
You can join the sport one of three ways:
Create a Team (for team captains)
- Captains can invite members to their team by clicking the "Invite Members" link on the team page. Any invited members must accept the invitation to be joined to your team.
- If they've already registered on IMLeagues: search for their name and invite them.
- If they haven't yet registered on IMLeagues: scroll down to the "Invite by Email Address" box, and input their email address.
Join a Team
- Use the Create/Join Team Button at top right of every page.
- Accept a request from the captain to join his/her team.
- Find the team and captain name on division/league page and request to join.
- Go to the captain's player card page, view his/her team, and request to join.
Join as a Free Agent
You can list yourself as a free agent in as many divisions within a league as you'd like. You will be visible to all members of the site and can request to join teams, or post information about yourself so teams can request to add you to their team.
Become an Official
Officiating is a great way to get involved at CU. HWC uses student officials for Intramural Sports. We provide training, coaching, evaluation and support of our staff.
Officials should have strong interpersonal skills, patience, knowledge of the game, and strong communication skills. They should possess mental skills such as attention, concentration, composure and decision-making skills. These skills will be further developed during training, scrimmages and games.
Players are encouraged to become officials. Officials are allowed to play on teams in the same sport they officiate. They may not referee any contest which includes their team.
If you are interested in becoming an official, contact us.