Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) Policy

What is the CRRSAA emergency funding provided by the federal government?

  • The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) is authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), Public Law 116-260, signed into law by the President on Dec. 27, 2020. In total, the CRRSAA authorizes $81.88 billion in support for education, in addition to the $30.75 billion provided last spring through the Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Public Law 116-136.

When will CRRSAA Funds be available?

  • Claflin University received funding from the U.S. Department of Education (DOE). During the week of March 22, 2021, Claflin University  will begin to distribute grants to students based on their financial need. Grant recipients will be notified through their Claflin University email accounts. We anticipate completing all payments to students by March 31, 2021.

Who is eligible for CRRSAA Funds?

  • Students must be enrolled at least half time as of March 1, 2021 and have a completed FASFA on file with Claflin University. Students must be eligible for Federal Title IV financial aid and meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress at the time eligibility is determined. The Financial Aid Office will use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file to determine your eligibility. Students not deemed eligible on March 1, 2021 are ineligible for the funds.

How much funding will I receive?

  • Award amounts will be awarded evenly amongst all eligible students.

How will I receive funds?

  • Direct deposit is the fastest way to receive funding. If Claflin does not have your financial institution information on file, you can submit or update it by completing an e-refund enrollment form or a paper check will be mailed to the address we have on file.

Can I request additional funding?

  • No, award amounts are final as funding is limited. This is a one-time payment unless the federal government passes a subsequent law that includes emergency funding for higher education institutions.

What if I have an outstanding balance due to Claflin University?  Will the CRRSAA emergency funding apply to my student account balance?

  • No, the CRRSAA emergency funding will not be applied to your student account balance. You are still responsible for resolving any balance due to the University even if you receive emergency funding provided by CRRSAA.

Section Navigation
Support the next generation of Claflin Leaders
Your support provides educational enrichment through student scholarships, loan funds, instructional classroom equipment, preparing Claflin's students to be leaders of the future.